Element II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Element II

Element II Guild Forums

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dozie: Prot Pally

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dozie

Dozie: Prot Pally Empty
PostSubject: Dozie: Prot Pally   Dozie: Prot Pally Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 11:46 pm

1) Name, class, race & server. (We welcome transfers, but will give no special preference. Unless we know you personally).
Dozie, Prot Pally, BE from Onyxia

2 ) Link to your Armory profile and any information we would need to know explaining your spec and gear choices. Make sure you are in your PvE gear, then log out so we get an accurate Armory profile.

Dozie

In 20something badges, I'm dropping the blue ring for the Ring of the Stalwart Protector
I'll craft a Crimson Serpent when i get the last two primals.

3 ) Current guild, guild history, and explanations of why you want to leave your current guild or why you left your prior guild(s). Why do you want to be in Element?

Had trasnfered to Onyxia to join a guild with a couple IRL friends. That guild merged with my current guild, Ex-Altum. I plan to leave for various reasons, foremost are a horrendous server pop, and lack of guildmates online at the times when I play (Did I mention the server is West Coast? Did I mention I live in Boston?)

I've been looking for a server closer to my timezone with a better population. That same pair of IRL friends told me about Element II. I got in touch with a mutual buddy (Arkhar) who said the server is populated "like Mexico City." At the same time, I'd get to be in vent with Arkhar, and listen to him somehow make every statement sound like a question? Thats something I've missed about him? The way he always raises his voice at the end of a normal sentence?

4 ) Discuss your endgame raiding experience (both pre- and post-TBC), and your goals for the remainder of TBC and into WOTLK.

Pre-BC: Took a break from about 2 months after MC came out, until just before TBC. So, uh... ya. Thats my pre-TBC endgame experience (read: near zero).

When TBC came out I started a pally, who quickly became my main. I've been in for 3 SSC bosses, 3 TK bosses, all of ZA a few times, mags, gruuls, and more Kara Runs than should be allowed.

Neither have I been to Hyjal, BT, or Sunwell nor do I suppose I've got my character prepared for that. So, thats my post TBC end game experience (read: see above).

For the remainder of TBC, I just want to see as much of the content as I can before it becomes useless and boring. When WoTLK comes out, I'm torn between lvling my pally, my old mage (the character i started WoW with), or a death knight. I guess it'll all depend on what is needed at the time.

5 ) Tell us a bit about yourself. We have a no-emo policy here, so what you say about yourself will give us a general idea if you are a candidate for an IRL Toaster Bath or if you're a good fit for us.

Emo? Thats like, "crybag drama mamma" right? No, I'm not that. Every break I've ever taken from WoW has always come from frustration with players who take the game (and gaming in general) too seriously.

I'm 30something, married, I have no children, but my dog is cuter than yours. I have photographic proof.

6 ) Can you make our raiding schedule at least 80% of the time?

*sigh*... I dunno. I work as a retail manager, so my sked is terribly unpredictable. Some weeks, I'd be able to make 100% of the raids, some weeks 0%. The good news is I get to write the schedule about 50% of the time, so I've got the chance to make my self available (so long as it doesn't screw with the business too much.)

That said, I would of course understand that my standing in the guild would be mitigated by my contribution. Thus, I would probably spend a great deal of my time volunteering to run weekly Karazhan raids for ppl who need badges or want to gear up alts, or ZA raids for people looking for that bridge from t4 to t5. But thats fine. I like ZA. Reminds me of Jamaica, mon!

7 ) Is there anyone in Element that would be willing to vouch for you?

Arkhar knows I'm rad.

8 ) Have your read the "Joining Element" Announcement Thread in these forums and understand fully what we are all about and what we expect out of you?

Yes
Back to top Go down
Arkhar

PostSubject: Re: Dozie: Prot Pally   Dozie: Prot Pally Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 11:51 pm

Quote :
At the same time, I'd get to be in vent with Arkhar, and listen to him somehow make every statement sound like a question? Thats something I've missed about him? The way he always raises his voice at the end of a normal sentence?

I actually don't do this anymore. It was an awful habit I picked up from Abananax.

Anyway - Even though we have a million paladins Dozie is totally rad and would be a good pickup for the guild. He's a skilled gamer. He's infected with the gay, so he'll fit in really good.
Back to top Go down
Dozie

PostSubject: Re: Dozie: Prot Pally   Dozie: Prot Pally Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 11:54 pm

Quote :
He's infected with the gay, so he'll fit in really good.

Caught it from Arkhar...
Back to top Go down
Alki

Alki

PostSubject: Re: Dozie: Prot Pally   Dozie: Prot Pally Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 2:46 am

If Arkhar is backing you, I'm cool with it.

Only problem is, i cannot guarantee any raid spots at this time. We'll be more than happy to bring you in, but as far as raiding goes, man, i just can't guarantee shit.

It's your call bro. Your app is accepted, but it's up to you if you want to xfer, etc.
Back to top Go down
Dozie

PostSubject: Yep..   Dozie: Prot Pally Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 8:17 am

I really wouldn't look for any garuntees at this point. I understand you have a couple players that fill my class position more than adequately right now. I'll come over because I'm interested in a better server, and the chance to work with some proper criminals again. Sides, once WoTLK comes out, I hope there will be a greater need for tanks in the 5/10 man instances.

Probably come over mid-week with Ardente/Kosack. Thanks for the offer.

-Tim

p.s. Get ready for Ardente belching in vent. Its a horrifying experience. Think grizzly bear growl crossed with watermelon smashing on the floor. Yep.
Back to top Go down
Alki

Alki

PostSubject: Re: Dozie: Prot Pally   Dozie: Prot Pally Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 8:43 am

sounds like a plan brotha. Smile

I look forward to seeing you in game.

Just contact myself or any of the officers in game to get you the invite once you're here.
Back to top Go down
Ardente

PostSubject: Re: Dozie: Prot Pally   Dozie: Prot Pally Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 11:09 am

Dozie wrote:

p.s. Get ready for Ardente belching in vent. Its a horrifying experience. Think grizzly bear growl crossed with watermelon smashing on the floor. Yep.

Were you on for my fart during Azgalor? It was fucking amazing.
Back to top Go down
Ardente

PostSubject: Re: Dozie: Prot Pally   Dozie: Prot Pally Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 7:11 pm

He has to be good if Arkhar is naming his manhood after him.

Ardente: dude
Arkhar: my weiners name is pedro
Ardente: how will I pay for
Ardente: oh god
Ardente: lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Arkhar: pedro von poopenmayer
Ardente: after tim?
Back to top Go down
Fuzzydot

PostSubject: O.O   Dozie: Prot Pally Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 10:17 pm

lol. This post makes me wanna Xfer even without a raid spot Sad ... but srs watch out for ardentes burps that take a detor down to texas and pop out at her mic for little visits.
Back to top Go down
Alki

Alki

PostSubject: Re: Dozie: Prot Pally   Dozie: Prot Pally Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 3:21 pm

Fuzzydot wrote:
lol. This post makes me wanna Xfer even without a raid spot Sad ... but srs watch out for ardentes burps that take a detor down to texas and pop out at her mic for little visits.

when you can hear/see me in action, you will never be the same again.

The Mung is upon you.
The Breaded Shrimp is upon you.

are you ready?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dozie: Prot Pally   Dozie: Prot Pally Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dozie: Prot Pally
Page 1 of 1