Element II
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Element II

Element II Guild Forums

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ceebs, a Rogue

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ceebs

Ceebs, a Rogue Empty
PostSubject: Ceebs, a Rogue   Ceebs, a Rogue Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 11:11 am

1 ) Name, class, race & server.
Ceebs, Rogue, Undead & Medivh

2 ) Link to your Armory profile and any information we would need to know explaining your spec and gear choices. Make sure you are in your PvE gear, then log out so we get an accurate Armory profile.

I started re-gemming for some pvp, upping my agility, so my hit rating suffers. Re-gemming for hit rating is not an issue. Also logged out with pvp spec...but for raiding I go 20/41/0, (fists, but much prefer swords)

3 ) Current guild, guild history, and explanations of why you want to leave your current guild or why you left your prior guild(s). Why do you want to be in Element?
The armory profile may show me guilded, however I am not. My progressive raiding has been mostly on the alliance side. 4/5 hyjal, 8/9 bt. I was a founding member and officer in a very successful guild called Decadence on Terrokkar, which was a reformation of a guild that originally came from Skywall. My character name on Terokkar is Lyt, (also logged off in pvp spec sorry!) I met these great people, that unfortunately raid very late into the night (they are all PST). My work schedule recently changed and I'm no longer able to raid until 1am and then go on bear runs starting at 2am. I continue to maintain a good friendship with the folks of Decadence and I did not want to leave. I'm happy to provide solid references.

...continued as it fits in with the next question... below:

4 ) Discuss your endgame raiding experience (both pre- and post-TBC), and your goals for the remainder of TBC and into WOTLK.
Pre-BC this same group of folks took a group of 34 mouth breathers and raced from Molten Core to Sartura in AQ40 within a matter of 6 weeks. (full bwl in between of course), and post BC after a long set of reformation, on June 5th 2008 we reformed with a new direction and ideas, new people and caught up with 4/5 hyjal, 5/9 bt in 2 months, my warlock started with blues and greens, a few days ago I'm happy to say that they got council down and are now starting on Illidan (suffice to say I would be with them if not for the schedule, my last boss downed with them was gurtogg)

So with this same group of folks on and off over a period of a couple years, I've seen a lot the game has to offer. In the times that guild has not been active I've always played horde, my first love, with varying degrees of success. The horde rogue is fully badged-out with some T5, I know not impressive from your standpoint but when you consider that it was all "during my raiding off/downtime"... I think it's not too shabby.

I actually made him on the forgotten coast (pvp) in March as part of a "hardcore reroll" well you know how those go. 3 of us that started finished it to 70, then I made the fatal mistake of transferring off PVP to pve (to get some raiding in). Anyways, I'm very excited to return to a PVP realm. It's amazing how much raid progression takes place on a pvp server, (as if people are able to enjoy all the game has to offer in one spot... go figure).

I talk alot about content, but for me its more about the people. Some people drop those words as if they are meaningless. It's easy to say it, it's harder to back it up. I wanted Decadence to be my home, I tried for a long time to make it that way, but as I said, when everyone else wants to start something at 2am my time.. I just can't do it.

So I'm adventuring out, hoping to find a new group of people that I can run with, a place I can call home and go into whatever comes next, be it this game or some other. I didn't choose to apply to this guild on a whim... it meets a lot of criteria that work for me (at least appears to).

5 ) Tell us a bit about yourself. We have a no-emo policy here, so what you say about yourself will give us a general idea if you are a candidate for an IRL Toaster Bath or if you're a good fit for us.
I'm a very dedicated guild member and raider. I farm my own mats, went alchemy on this guy so I'd have what I needed in terms of cash and items. I always bring extra consumables (including food), because I hate not seeing people fully buffed when we are working on new or harder content.

As a person I'm 34 years old, a father of 2 and a husband of 1 last I checked. My wife knows I'm a gamer and supports my habit by bringing food and sex downstairs every now and then. Ok I'm sure I just crossed the line with a few people but I *do* have a good and open sense of humor. My point is to say there aren't any "oh god sorry guys I have to log off wife aggro". When I log on and the raid starts, it's game face on.

In terms of gear, and I mean RL gear, I have a great setup. I don't screw around and I really enjoyed what you said about your gaming equipment and disconnects in the "Joining Element" thread.

I built a new box just a few months ago that is smoking. Stats and pics below. I have 10mb cable internet. On top of all that, all the best equipment in the world means nothing if you don't know how to use it. I'm the guy that wrote the vent how-to for our guild in addition to other articles such as "how to avoid getting your account hacked". e.g. I know how to use and navigate my system.

I've always worked in IT, currently developing a lot with MySQL/PHP. So all the computer stuff is second nature. It's more than a hobby!

6 ) Can you make our raiding schedule at least 80% of the time?
Yes. I maintained a 90% raid attendance post bc and 100% pre-bc.

7 ) Is there anyone in Element that would be willing to vouch for you?
No

8 ) Have your read the "Joining Element" Announcement Thread in these forums and understand fully what we are all about and what we expect out of you?
Yes, and then some.

9 ) Don't stray from the application outline it's long enough and we don't want to know anymore about you.
Damn... I was feeling so verbose too. In all seriousness, it's a 2 way street, I hope you interview your candidates on vent before just letting them in. I would love to chat on vent sometime and get to know a few members, learn about the core of your guild, how you came to be and what your goals are.

Thank you for your time. As promised, rig specs and pics below:
Intel core 2-duo e6850 3.0ghz processor
110mm zalmann cpu fan
4gb heat-shielded ram
2x360gb SATA hard drives in Raid 0 (striped, for speed)
2x512mb geforce 8800 gt (before I knew that wow didn't support SLI.. bah)
evga 780i mobo
cosmos coolermaster case (it's huge, I love it, has separate air channeling for the video card assembly and allowed room for the huge fan, very quiet as well)
24inch widescreen monitor, g15 keyboard, Mx518 optical gaming mouse

Ceebs, a Rogue Rig1
Ceebs, a Rogue Rig2
Ceebs, a Rogue Rig3
Back to top Go down
Ceebs

Ceebs, a Rogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ceebs, a Rogue   Ceebs, a Rogue Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 11:15 am

After all that, I fail at armory link:

Back to top Go down
Ceebs

Ceebs, a Rogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ceebs, a Rogue   Ceebs, a Rogue Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 11:22 am

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Medivh&n=Ceebs
Back to top Go down
drdisappear

Ceebs, a Rogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ceebs, a Rogue   Ceebs, a Rogue Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 11:37 am

thats quite the dungeon you have there LOL, but really tho nice comp i run about the same setup except with q6600 on a 750i FTW.
Back to top Go down
Ceebs

Ceebs, a Rogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ceebs, a Rogue   Ceebs, a Rogue Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:36 pm

Hehe, thanks. I really should have cleaned up a bit before snapping those pics. That glass of apple juice really tops it off.
Back to top Go down
Viscious

Viscious

Ceebs, a Rogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ceebs, a Rogue   Ceebs, a Rogue Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:11 pm

Will make sure our Rogue officer takes a look at this whenever he/she (still undecided) is on next.
Back to top Go down
Arkhar

Ceebs, a Rogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ceebs, a Rogue   Ceebs, a Rogue Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:07 pm

People with G15's should just be let in automatically tbh.

Anyway - Nice app. We're searching the middle school lost and found for our Rogue Officer atm to check out your app.
Back to top Go down
Sybll

Sybll

Ceebs, a Rogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ceebs, a Rogue   Ceebs, a Rogue Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 8:52 pm

That's a glass of piss don't lie.
Back to top Go down
Ceebs

Ceebs, a Rogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ceebs, a Rogue   Ceebs, a Rogue Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 2:15 pm

I decided to transfer here anyways. Turns out the GM of Decadence secretly plays horde already on this server, (Breagi, of Terokkar), so we had a good long chat about the quality of this server.

Convinced me to xfer over regardless Smile

So.. i'm here as Ceebs!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ceebs, a Rogue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ceebs, a Rogue   Ceebs, a Rogue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ceebs, a Rogue
Page 1 of 1